Investigation Appears to be the First Time U.S. Citizens...
Jefferson County Vision
PO Box 103, Shenandoah Junction, WV 25442
Mail by Friday March 1st
SCAN AND EMAIL TO: CCARWV@GMAIL.COM
Email by Sunday March 3rd
CONCERNED CITIZEN EMAIL LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN LINK
- Rockwool is a planned global-scale insulation factory with toxic emissions from giant 21 story smoke stacks.
- The Rockwool plant is located in a former apple orchard in the heart of Jefferson County, next to North Jefferson Elementary School and within 2 miles of three other public schools — 30% of Jefferson County’s entire student population.
- There is widespread opposition to Rockwool and subsidizing heavy industry in Jefferson County — the towns of Harpers Ferry, Shepherdstown, and neighboring towns have issued formal proclamations opposing Rockwool.
- State bureaucrats are trying to push through a new $16 million bond to build an industrial sewer line connecting Rockwool to the Charles Town sewer system.
- The Mayor of Charles Town, Scott Rogers, also opposes Rockwool and the Rockwool industrial sewer bond.
- The Charles Town Building Commission and the Charles Town City Council must vote in order to pass this bond.
- Charles Town property owners have the right to be directly heard on this issue and can strengthen the public process for passing the bond.
- If 30% of Charles Town property owners sign these petitions, additional votes will be needed to pass the Rockwool bond (the petitions will trigger a requirement that the bonds must get 4/5 vote to pass instead of a simple majority). Read More …
- Rockwool needs an industrial sewer in order to build its factory, so signing these petitions will help make it harder to build heavy industry in the middle of Jefferson County.
SAVE OUR COUNTY AND JOIN THE PETITION ASAP
In order to sign these petitions, you must own property (a home or other real estate) within the city of Charles Town.
View a Detailed Charles Town Map – Click Here
News by Category
There are no upcoming events at this time.
RANSON, W.Va. (August 1, 2020) — On July 31, 2020, one day...
RANSON, W.Va. (July 16, 2020) — Jefferson County Vision...